Use on interior structure, fuel tank structure, and wing structure surfaces
Instructions For Sur-Prep® 3500-1 Non Decorative Interior Structures Surface Prep Kit
Note: Both mating surfaces should be cleaned and conversion coated prior to painting or sealing.
- Remove any loose paint or sealant with a micarta scraper
- Vacuum area to remove any loose debris, metal shavings, and dirt
- Lightly abrade entire area of parts to be sealed or painted using Step 1 – Scotch-Brite™ with alkaline cleaner. Be sure to remove the alcad identification marking.
- Wipe area with Step 2 – Deionized water towel to remove soap residue immediately followed with the dry wipe.
- Repeat with a second water wipe and dry the area.
- Solvent clean area with Step 3 -Deodorized Citra-Safe® wipe. Do not allow the solvent to dry on the surface. Wipe it with the dry wipe.
- Apply conversion coating material by placing the unfolded Step 4 – conversion coating material towel on the surface. Allow the towel to sit on the surface for 2-5 minutes. Do not allow the conversion coating material to dry on the surface.
- Neutralize the conversion coating material by wiping with Step 5 – Deionized water. Immediately follow with the dry wipe.
- Place all used towels in plastic bag. Remove all air from the bag and seal. Dispose of plastic bag as hazardous waste. (Caution: Do Not Allow Conversion Coating Material Towels To Dry. (Spontaneous Combustion May Occur). Be Sure To Remove Air, Seal The Bag, And Dispose Of Properly.)
- Apply paint or sealant within two hours, if required.