Use on exterior aluminum structure
Only use kit for fuselage areas.
Do not use on interior structure, wing structure, or on fuel tanks.
For interior structure, use the Sur-Prep® 3500-1 Non-Decorative Interior Surface Prep Kit.
Can be used to prepare bare exterior aluminum structure for corrosion protection or for painting and sealing.
Instructions For The Sur-Prep® 3500-2 Exterior Fuselage Structure Surface Prep Kit
Note: Both mating surfaces shall be cleaned and conversion coated prior to painting or sealing
- Remove any loose paint or sealant with a micarta scraper
- Vacuum area to remove any loose debris, metal shavings, and dirt
- Lightly abrade entire area of parts to be sealed or painted using Step 1 – Scotch-Brite™ with alkaline cleaner. Be sure to remove the alcad identification marking.
- Wipe area with a Step 2 – Deionized water towel to remove soap residue Immediately followed with the dry wipe
- Repeat with a second water wipe and dry
- Solvent clean area with Step 3 – Deodorized Citra-Safe® wipe. Do not allow solvent to dry on surface, wipe with the dry wipe.
- Apply conversion coating material by placing the unfolded Step 4 – conversion coating material towel on the surface. Allow the towel to sit on surface for 2-5 minutes. Do not allow the conversion coating material to dry on the surface.
- Neutralize the conversion coating material by wiping with Step 5 – Deionized water. Immediately follow with the dry wipe.
- Place all used towels in plastic bag, remove all air from bag and seal. Dispose of bag as hazardous waste. (Caution: Do Not Allow Conversion Coating Material Towels To Dry, Spontaneous Combustion May Occur. Be Sure To Remove Air, Seal In Bag And Dispose Of Properly.)
- Apply paint or sealant within two hours, if required.